Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Research Essay

My topic for this second essay is going to be the impact of cell phones on today society. My question is whether this is a positive, negative or both of an impact. I believed there will be plenty of arguments made by government and media available on the web to help beef up my essay. I am interested in this topic because it has some impacts on my family. There was a bill passed placing a tax on cell phones to insert GPS tracking chips in the phone. This was mainly after my mother was in a serious car accident. The problem was when my brother was calling for help on a cell phone and had no idea where he was how are the police and medics suppose to get to them. At the same time i know many accidents are caused by people driving and talking on their cell phones. I believe this will be a very interesting topic to develop into an essay.

1 comment:

April Patrick said...

I like that you've already thought of ways to focus down the potentially huge topic of the impact of cell phones on society. And as it sounds from your research post, you've already starting thinking about ways to focus in on a specific aspect to control the number of resources relevant to your paper. Sounds like a promising start.